Upper Pinellas Amateur Radio Club Incorporated
March 6, 2021
- Call to order
Jack Kinney (N4KIN) called the meeting to order at 10:02.
Pledge of Allegiance
Introduction of new members, board members and attendees (See Zoom log for complete list):
Ken (W4KN), Glen (N4ESU), Tim (AA4WH), Jerry (WR6N), Ken (KN4V), Mark (KN4YQC), Ryan (KO4KGP), Dave (WA3PRE), Wesley (K4WLH), Mike (K4HN), Ron (W4RFA), Ray (K9EYT), Ken (WQ3V), Jack N4KIN (president), Alan (W4UB) (vice president), Dee (W4DCH) Secretary, Jeff K4JJD (treasurer), Jason N4BOZ (Member at Large)
Minutes for last meeting are approved.
- Officer / Committee reports
- Treasurer’s Reports presented:
Report closing February 28, 2021
56 paid members
- Repeater functioning normally as reported by Alan (W4UB). Tom (N4YI) reports that the Ham/WAN box is not remotely accessible now and a reboot is needed. Echo-link capability is pending access to the fire station. Club Nets participation reported by Alan as 57 total for the month of February. Fire Chief was asked about HF antenna and is on-hold pending a roof inspection. Jack mentioned that TS570 transceiver and antenna donation will allow club access.
- Social Events reported by Jack (N4KIN) as the weekly Traders and Trivia Net each Tuesday night at 8. “QSO Today Expo” occurs March 13-14.
- Dee (W4DCH) asked about a club roster and Jason (N4BOZ) stated that the Wave application would provide the roster.
- Announcements include need for presenters for technical part of this meeting. April, May, July, August, Sept and December are open dates. VE testing to be held by CARS at the Clearwater Fire Training Facility. Mike Branda (K4HN) is POC. SPARC also holds testing sessions. Reminder: FCC is planning to charge for licenses in the future.
- Shirt order announced with details to follow. Alan (W4UB) will post details and imprint-only service is available.
- Tech Presentation
Antique radio restoration presented by Alan (W4UB) and Dee (W4DCH) and posted to the UPARC website.
Jack Kinney adjourned the meeting at approx. 1120 (Zoom session ended at 1148).
Minutes submitted by: Dee (W4DCH)
Minutes approved by:
Next Meeting – April 3, 2021