Press "Enter" to skip to content

April 2021 Meeting Minutes

Upper Pinellas Amateur Radio Club Incorporated

Meeting Minutes

April 3, 2021

  1. Call to order

Jack Kinney (N4KIN) called the meeting to order at 10:04.

Pledge of Allegiance

  1. Introductions

New members:

Doug (KO4NVL)

Board members:

Jack N4KIN (president), Alan (W4UB) (vice president), Dee (W4DCH) (secretary), Jeff K4JJD (treasurer), Jason N4BOZ (member at large)

Attendees (See Zoom log for complete list):

Henry (AK4M), Ron (W4RFA), Glen ( N4ESU), Dave (WA3VRE), Tim (AA4WH), Ken (WQ3V),  Gerry (WR6N),  Tom (N4YI)

Minutes for last meeting are approved as submitted.

  • Officer / Committee reports

Treasurer’s report provided by Jeff (see slide) 58 paid members. Carry-over from “anniversary billing” of a couple members continues. Anonymous donation of 50$.


Alan’s repeater report is normal. The HAMWAN reboot task at fire station is possible with permission from chief. Use of the repeater is encouraged. Jason is on-top for weekly net participation. Hurricane season is approaching per so Jason recommends testing your equipment. Jack asks for quick check-in to the net to support the event. Alan reports 5 nets for the month (see slide). WK4KM has been out sick so please volunteer for net control duty. Alan will help orient new controllers.

Jack reports on social events as on-going Trader and Trivia net. Monthly breakfast proposed for 4th Saturday of this month at “Another Broken Egg” restaurant. Nothing official yet. Presenters for the technical portion of this meeting are still needed.

License testing at Fire Training Center is available. Please email Mike Branda for details. No walk-ins. Licensing fee reduced but congress must be notified. No date for increase yet.

Orders for polo shirts with club logo orders go to Alan who reports 2 ordered and completed and ready for pick-up next week. Jeff asks about hats and Alan will follow-up.

Fire station #65 remains closed.

  1. Tech Presentation

Tech Presentation of Node Red (IBM) open source provided by Tom (NY4I).

  1. Adjournment

Jack’s closing comments are that May 1st is next meeting and please join “slack” channel for quick questions and current discussions.

Jack Kinney adjourned the meeting at approx. 11:16

Minutes submitted by:  Dee (W4DCH

Next Meeting – May 1, 2021

Mission News Theme by Compete Themes.