Upper Pinellas Amateur Radio Club Incorporated
February 6, 2021
- Call to order
Jack Kinney called to order the meeting at 1000.
Pledge of Allegiance
Minutes for last meeting are approved.
Introduction of board members and attendees (See Zoom log for complete list):
Jack N4KIN K4KIM (president), Alan (W4UB) (vice president), Dee (W4DCH) secretary, Jeff K4JJD (treasurer), Jason N4BOZ (member at large), Mark (K8LSV) (new member), Henry (WA2DSF), Dave (WA3PRE), Ken (KN4V), Mike (), Wesley (K4Wlh), Dean (N0OAC), Glen (N4ESU), Tom (NY4I), Ron (W4RFA), Ken (WQ3V)
- Officer / Committee reports
- Treasurer’s Reports presented:
Report (amended) closing January 2, 2021
Report closing February 6, 2021
- Dues billing cycle discussed as to methods of payment and amounts paid.
- Amazon Smile process discussed and required link provided.
- Repeater functioning normally as reported by Alan (W4UB). Tom reports that the Ham/WAN box is not remotely accessible now and a reboot is needed. Echo-link capability is pending access to the fire station.
- Club Nets participation reported by Alan as 59 total for the month of January.
- Social Events reported by Jack (N4KIN) as the weekly Traders and Trivia Net each Tuesday night at 8. “QSO Today Expo” occurs March 13-14.
- Announcement include need for presenters for technical part of this meeting. April, May, July, August, Sept and December are open dates. VE testing to be held by CARS at the Clearwater Fire Training Facility (Mike Branda POC). SPARC also holds testing sessions. FCC is planning to charge for licenses in the future. Logs for Winter Field Day to be submitted from logging programs. Fire Station #65 is closed to visitors until further notice. Virtual Hamcation occurs on February 13th and 14th.
- Tech Presentation
JS8/JS8CALL presented by Jack Kinney and posted to the UPARC website.
Jack Kinney adjourned the meeting at 1100.
Minutes submitted by: Dee (W4DCH)
Minutes approved by:
Next Meeting – March 6, 2021